North Indian medium spicy chicken preparation
- Chicken – 1 kilo
- Curd for marination
- Red chilli powder
- Ginger garlic paste
- Onion – 4-5 medium (paste form / grated)
- Tomato – 2 (pureed)
- Green chilies – 2
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 5-6
- Black peppercorn – 10-12
- Badi Ilaichi (black cardamom) – 1
- Bay Leaf- 1 leaf
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Fennel Seeds- 1tbsp
- Dry red chilies – 10-12
- Marinate chicken with ginger, garlic paste, red chilli powder and sufficient curd. Curd should be sufficient enough so that it soaks all chicken pieces very well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes
- Dry roast all items for Masala and allow it to cool. Grind very coarsely and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in pan. Add green chillies. Add onion paste and saute till well cooked.
- Add tomato puree. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken with all the curd in it.
- Add half of the ground masala. Mix well, allow to cook chicken by covering it.
- Once cooked, add remaining masala, cook for 2 minutes more and serve.