Chicken Kolhapuri - Tambada Rassa
Flavorful, spicy preparation from Western part of Maharashtra, Kolhapur. Generally savored with bhakari or rice
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Onion – 5-6
- Tomato – 2
- Kolhapuri Kanda Lasoon Masala – 3 tsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Lemon – 1
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying onion and for tadka
- Cut 4 1/2 onions length wise…deep fry them until brown…allow to cool.
- Marinate chicken with salt, lemon, red chilli paste, 1/4th of deep fried onion and 1 tsp kanda-lasoon masala….keep it in freeze for 30 minutes
- Finley chop remaining 1 onion and tomato….grind deep fried onion to smooth paste.
- In a pan, heat oil, add chopped onion and saute till golden brown…..add tomatoes and fry until soft and mushy.
- Add garam masala, cumin powder, kanda lasson masala…saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken and make sure that it gets well covered in onion, tomato gravy….cook covered on low flame until chicken is cooked and it releases oil.
- Add sufficient water, little more garam masala, salt and boil it for 5-10 minutes….