Spicy and Tangy Managalore cuisine prawn preparation
- Soak the tamarind in water for about 20 minutes and extract the pulp (or soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
- Dry roast the chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds and turmeric
- Heat little oil in a pan and roast the onions, ginger garlic paste.
- Use little water and grind the tamarind, roasted ingredients and onion, ginger garlic to a fine thick paste.
- Now take a heavy bottomed pan, keep on low heat, add oil and the curry leaves.
- When they splutter, add the paste, salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the prawns and cook for 10 mins, making sure that prawns are not overcooked.
- Serve hot with rice.