Flavorful chicken dish from Mangalorean cuisine
- Chicken 1 kg curry cut
- Coconut grated
- Onion – 2 medium cut in 4 pieces
- Onion – 1 medium finely chopped
- Coriander Seeds – 3-4 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2 tb sp
- Black Peppercorn – 8-10
- Clove – 3
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 10-12
- Tamarind – lemon sized ball
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Coconut Milk
- Marinate chicken with salt, lemon, salt and little red chilli powder. Keep in freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- In a hot pan, put 1 tsp oil, dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, peppercorn and fennel seeds. Roast until fragrant….keep it aside and allow to cool….
- Roast coconut in the same oil until fragrant…..Grind coconut, roasted spices, tamarind and 2 medium sized onion into a smooth paste
- In a pan, put 2 tsp oil and 2 tsp ghee….add finely chopped onion….saute till golden brown.
- Add above ground paste and saute till it starts releasing oil.
- Add marinated chicken.. Saute well and cook covered for 10 minutes so that chicken pieces as coated well with masala and it is now cooked.
- Add coconut milk, salt to taste and sufficient water so that it has little thick consistency….Boil for 5 minutes.