Moong Dal Cheela
Healthy and tasty moong dal cheela...meal by itself
- Moong Dal – 2 cups
- Rice – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 12-15
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic cloves – 5-6
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar or lemon juice 1 tsp
- Soak moong dal and rice together for around 1 hour.
- Strain dal & rice and grind it little coarsely in mixer.
- Add to it little salt, red chill powder. Add little water and make the batter like dosa batter consistency.
- Soak red chillies for 15 minutes in warm water.
- Make fine paste with soaked red chillies, ginger, garlic, salt and vinegar / lemon. Keep it aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan and pour the batter with laddle and spread it evenly. Put little oil all around.
- Spread red chilli paste using a spoon all over the cheela. Make it light brown from one side and then reverse it on the pan.
- Cook for 30-45 seconds on other side. Serve hot.