- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 250 gm plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (I used Blue Bird brand)
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh cream (I used Amul fresh cream)
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 gm melted butter (salted or unsalted..If using salted, no need to add salt mentioned above)
- 4 egg whites
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup luke warm milk. Let it stand until creamy / frothy (about 10 minutes) Make sure that milk is not too warm else it will kill the yeast
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the luke warm milk and the melted butter.
- Stir in the yeast mixture, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cups milk as well as 1 cup cream alternately with the flour, ending with the flour.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour
- Preheat the waffle iron and grease with oil
- Pour 1/2 cup batter in the center of the iron. Spread it evenly and close the lid
- Bake until waffle is golden brown. Serve with honey, maple syrup and fresh fruit slices
|Batter and cut fruits ready|
|Fresh waffles from the iron|
|Waffles loaded with hone & fresh fruits|