- Roughly chop all the vegetables. Cook in pressure cooker with very little water and 1 tsp salt for two whistles
- Slice 2 onions lengthwise and one finely chopped
- In a pan take 1 tbsp oil, add lengthwise cut onion and cashew nuts. Fry it until onion turn brown. Allow it to cool. Once cooled, grind it fine with little water and keep aside
- Make tomato puree and keep it aside
- In a pan, take butter and remaining oil. Once it is hot, add cumin seeds and kalaunji till it splutters. Add bay leaves, black cardamom, mace, cinnamon and green cardamom. Fry until spices turn aromatic (2-3 minutes)
- Add onion and fry until it turns translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell goes away.
- Add tomato puree and fry until tomato is well cooked.
- Add corriander and cook for another minute
- Add kashmiri red chilli powder, corriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and kitchen king masala. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add little water and add cooked vegetables. Add salt as per taste and cook covered for 5-7 minutes
- Dry roast kasuri methi on a small pan. Once it becomes crispy, add it to the vegetable and mix well.
- Serve delicious veg makhanwala with tandoori roti or naan
- You can also use baby corn and paneer and add to the vegetables