Tiramisu is a classic Italian no bake dessert. It has ladyfingers dipped in strong espresso coffee and layered with mixture of whipped cream and mascarpone cheese topped with cocoa powder. It is a subtly sweet dessert with an excellent flavor of coffee as well as cocoa. Usually, the egg whites as well as egg yolks are added while making Tiramisu. However, I have not added egg in this recipe.
- 9" X 9" Flat Bottomed Glass Bowl
- 24 Ladyfingers Store bought (I ordered from Amazon)
- 300 gms Mascarpone cheese (At room temperature)
- 250 gms Heavy Cream / whipping cream (Used Amul Whipping Cream)
- 50 gms Powdered sugar if using sweetened whipping cream then it is not required
- 3 tbsp Instant Coffee powder (I used Bru Instant Coffee)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa powder (For Dusting)
- In a small pan, boil 1 cup water and add coffee powder. Simmer it for 5 minutes and pour it in a shallow dish longer than ladyfinger size so that it is easier to dip these in the dish. Allow it cool.1 cup Water, 3 tbsp Instant Coffee powder
- In a medium sized bowl, beat mascarpone cheese using hand blender until it is light and fluffy300 gms Mascarpone cheese
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream or shipping cream until stiff peaks. If using unsweetened cream, progressively add powdered sugar once soft peaks are formed250 gms Heavy Cream / whipping cream, 50 gms Powdered sugar
- Fold whipped cream in the mascarpone cheese and combine well. Take care not to overmix as it will loose the air which you would have incorporated
- Take 9″X9″ flat bottomed glass bowl
- Dip ladyfinger (top down) in the cooled coffee. Quickly dip it just once as ladyfinger soaks the coffee very fast. If you dip it longer, it may become soggy
- Arrange the ladyfingers lengthwise as well as widthwise so that there are no gaps in between. Adjust the length of the ladyfinger by cutting it lengthwise using serrated knife. I had to cut 3rd ladyfinger in a line.
- Spread half inch thick mixture of cream and mascarpone cheese evenly on top of arranged ladyfingers.
- Arrange one more layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers on top of the cream-mascarpone layer
- Once again, spread remaining cream & mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Level it well using spatula / palette knife
- Dust cocoa powder using sieve over the cream layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge for 3-4 hours (preferably overnight) before serving